Monday, June 8, 2009

Makes Sense...

It was difficult to choose a sense to deprive myself of, especially during work. I decided that my sense of smell was the least important in a work environment (since depriving myself of my sense of taste for two hours seemed like it would be cheating). So I stuffed some cotton balls up the ol' nostrils and went about my work. I think the hardest part of being in such a situation for two hours was that I had to breathe through my mouth, which I generally find to be disgusting when I witness someone else doing it. Thankfully, I couldn't smell my breath, though. Anyway, breathing was difficult, especially since it was a rather warm day today. I ended up being quite thirsty over the two hour period, so water was key to my survival. Other than that, though I didn't really have any major troubles with it.

If I could create my own sense (or kind of a superpower in this case), I would choose mind control. This would be kind of like talking without speaking (Simon & Garfunkel reference), but getting people to do whatever it is you want them to. It is definitely the end all sense in my opinion. Maybe I'm just a narcissist. I dunno. I'm sure some other asshole would have their power to be to be able to resist my mind control or some such shit, but either way, I'm all about it. I would enjoy the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment