Monday, May 18, 2009

Ryan vs. The Egg

So I had a lot of great ideas for what to do with my egg, but it turned out that all of them involved the destruction of private property. Therefore, I let my egg ride around with me in my car for a few days before putting it into my fridge, where it has sat motionless for the last couple of days. I get pissed off every time I look into the fridge, knowing that there are soooooo many fun/mean things to do with eggs, but also knowing that putting an egg in someone's shoe or in with my roommate's load of laundry will both end with mixed results - me laughing hysterically, and the victim wanting to kill me. At the same time, it HAS brought about a certain creativity in my life since it has been sitting sadly in the fridge. Granted, the twisted and evil plots I create in my head are unhealthy ones to have, but nonetheless, it keeps me thinking every time I open the door and peek inside. And how often did I actually THINK about things when I rummaged through the fridge before Mr. Egg was chilling in there? I can't really put a percentage to it, but I would say far less than 50% of the time. So maybe the egg is doing just what it is supposed to be doing by stirring up ideas in my skull, even though it continues to sit there untouched on the top shelf. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment